Monday, August 9, 2010

30 Day Challenge (Day 14-19)

Day 14 - A hero that has let you down (Write a letter)..
Dear Rick,
I started this blog to meet new mommy's and share all of my experiences with other momma's. I know you don't read this but I know this is something I should get off of my chest either way. This is about something that happened very recently. I hope you can somehow understand how you've hurt me in such a tremendous way.
Last year, our uncle who we were very close to, suddenly passed away. From all that tragedy, came some (what I thought was) good. We met some of our family that we never even knew existed and gained more family. I thought it was so cool because family is so important and to know we had even more out there, and they were now in our lives was nice. Much to my dismay, they were not such good people and those true colors did not take long to show through. They were racist.
I actually conceived Jaliyah the day our uncle passed away, but did not find out until the following month. Jaliyah's father, as you know, is a wonderful African American man. Our family has NEVER had a problem with this and we were not brought up in any racist form. However, these new "family" members were brought up quite different. They called me inappropriate names, called my daughter outrageous things, told me and other family members they would have nothing to do with my daughter. Soon after I found out I was pregnant, you found out you were having a beautiful daughter too. Soon after that, these particular family members found out they weer expecting as well. With that, came more remarks. I was told their daughter would never be allowed to play with theirs, because she is mixed.
I cut them out of my lives, and they no longer even know I exist. I refuse to put my daughter in that position. I thought you felt the same about your niece. I was wrong. Come to find out, a week ago they were at your house. How dare you. I never expected this from you. You have these disgusting, ignorant, assholes in your home that think your only sister and only niece are dirt. I never thought you would do this to me.
I know it's hard for people to understand who have never been a victim of discrimination and racist remarks, but I am your sister. I expressed to you how I disliked these people that claim to be family and how much it hurt. I don't know what else to say to you...


Day 15 - Something or someone you couldn't live without, because you've tried living without it..
Now, I know I haven;t tried living without her - but kind of. I could not live without Jaliyah. She just completes me. Before her, I had 2 miscarriages, I even made it to 12 weeks with one. I didn't think I would ever had a child. But lo-and-behold, here came my miracle. I couldn't imagine my life without her and she has completed my number one dream in life - to be a mother.


Day 16 - Someone or something you definitely could live without..
Laundry. I HATE laundry, why must I do it? I'm going to invent a machine that walks around my house and picks up all the clothes and magically cleans them...I swear I will.


Day 17 - A book you've read that changed your view on something..
Honestly, I haven't come across a book that's done that. However, I do love to read and my favorite author is Lurlene McDaniel - check her out :) I cry during every book lol


Day 18 - Your views on gay marriage..
Do what makes you happy. I think ever single person deserves all the same rights. Gays are people and people have rights. Period.


Day 19 - What do you think of religion? or What do you think of politics?
Uhm..I believe everyone has their own beliefs and that is just fine with me, I will never push mt religion or what I believe onto anyone. As far as politics, hate it and I hate when people are obsessed and constantly talk about it and everything that is said is related back to some political issue. ugh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template designed using TrixTG