Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lifestyle Change

The past few weeks I have been trying a new approach to my everyday life. I did not want to write about it unless I actually stuck with it, so now I'm ready!

For a long long time, ever since I could remember, I haven't really been happy with my external self. I tried several different things and it just..didn't work/didn't stick with it/got lazy..whatever the excuse was. After having Jaliyah is when I think I really hit rock bottom. I didn't gain too much weight while I was pregnant, but I think just having this new wonderful being in my life made me put MY life in perspective.
I am also a strong believer that "diets" do not work. You can't be on a "diet" the rest of your life! It's setting oneself up for failure before even starting. So that's how I decided to do an entire lifestyle change.

Here is what I've changed:

  • I have always been a snacker, so I just chose to put healthy snacks in my house so when I do want to snack, I have no choice but to choose a healthy one! These include:

    • Fresh fuits/veggies
    • 100 Calorie Packs - these things are AWESOME! They totally fill my chocolate cravings too!
    • FiberOne bars (BTW - the commercial is totally correct - they are SO good)

  • I replaced all my lunch meat with fresh deli cut turkey
  • I do not eat as much red meat - more chicken and turkey
  • I do not eat bread, that was replaced with whole wheat or multi-grain tortillas for wraps
  • I totally cut out mayonnaise (whoa) and only use mustard as a condiment on sandwiches and such.
  • Biggest thing: I don't deprive myself of anything! It's all about portion control. But I do try and listen to my will power :)

I have noticed a huge change in m energy. I feel like I can function normally with just a few hours of sleep now. Like I said, it's been about 3 weeks that I have been doing this and it really is not that hard. I control the food I put in this house and if there isn't any junk food then I can't eat it, right? Right!

I really encourage all of you to try it, if you haven't already. It's really amazing how the food you eat effects your whole life. Let me know if you are going to take the challenge!

On another note: Chelsea (Dylan Daily) is a good friend of mine (outside of blogging too) and just started her etsy shop! You should ALL check it out - especially you pregger ones and nursing momma's! She has an awesome patented replaceable cup nursing bra for nursing momma's! SAHM Designs!

1 comments:

Adele said...

We are your newest followers from Blog hop!! Great site!! Love the baby pictures!!! We would love it if you follow us too!!! We post a ton of great baby deals!!!

Julie and Adele
The Coupon Cents Sisters
www.couponcentssisters.com

Post a Comment

 
Template designed using TrixTG