Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black Friday

Hoooly cow! Yesterday was my first black Friday shopping experience. I didn't get an early start like I wanted to. I got out there at about 8am, I was hoping for 4am but oh well. I went to Babies R Us first and there was NO ONE there. I don't know if it was because everyone went there super early or if Toys R Us was more appealing, but I was not about to face the Toys R Us crowd. I ended up getting my 2 cans of formula for $35, clothes for 50% off and a Toy Story mini chair for my nephew for 50% off - wohoo! Then I ventured to the mall and surprisingly, it was not as bad as I thought! Once again, I don't know if it was because I got an early start but my first stop was JCPenney. I just got a few things for myself all at 50% off and a pair of leggings for Jaliyah for $3.99. I'm kicking myself in the butt now because I should have got work clothes for myself but oh well.

I just walked around the mall the rest of the time, the line for Victoria Secret wrapped about the upper level of the mall - I'm sorry but NO bra is worth that wait. Kohls had a 2 hour wait just to check out - no way jose.

I did a little online shopping when I got home, JCPenney was out of stock at the store for Jaliyah's Xmas dress, I got that 50% off on the website. I also did some shopping at www.CSNstores.com and got some presents for Jaliyah. I did about 40% of my Christmas shopping yesterday, so I have a good start! Usually I'm the person at the mall on Christmas eve getting things lol Not this year!

Next order of business..making Jaliyah's stocking :) What kind of deals did you ladies find?

8 comments:

Esperanza said...

I didn't do Black Friday, I was too scared but I've heard it wasn't so bad. I also didn't have child care and I wasn't about to lug a 5 month old all over the place. So I didn't get anything. My mom and sister made a killing at Old Navy. I wish I had headed over there!

Baybee Luv said...

omg! Old Navy! THATS where I forgot to go - I knewwwww there was somewhere and I didn't make a list. Darn it! Well, good for your mom and sister lol And yeah I wasn't about to drag my baby out either, it was crazy how many people I saw with little babies!

Cheeky Momma said...

Hi there!

I'm your newest follower and would love for you to stop by and follow me back!

Be sure to enter my great giveaways while you're there!

Happy Holidays from Being Frugal & Making It Work!

Sofia's Ideas said...

So far, anything that needed to be purchased, I purchased prior to the weekend, and the rest of it will be homemade! I'm not brave enough to do this weekend anymore! :) LOL!

I'm now following you through the Follow Us Monday Morning Blog Hop. I hope you'll do the same! You can find me @ http://sofiasideas.com/

Sofia's Ideas

My name means Wisdom said...

I did all my BF shopping online and stayed home in my jammies where it was warm-- AND SANE!

Here from Follow Us Monday Morning

http://unussedleona.blogspot.com

Ruth said...

I'm too lazy for BF shopping! Sounds like you got some great deals.

Just popping in from FUMM & now following. Stop by when you get a chance!

living well, spending less

Jen said...

Congrats on the feature, I am now following. Have a great holiday.

Mo 'Betta said...

New follower via the blog hop1

Post a Comment

 
Template designed using TrixTG