Saturday, October 23, 2010

It finally feels like the holiday season is here!

Growing up, my favorite part of the year was the holiday season! I love the feeling in the atmosphere, the smells, the food, the changing leaves - everything! But..like a lot of other things, that feeling kind of faded as I got older. It wasn't the same because all the kids in my family were adults now and it just felt different. One of the main things I looked forward to when becoming a mommy was bringing that holiday spirit and fun back! I love traditions and being able to keep them going with my daughter.

This is her FIRST holiday season! AHHH! I can't wait, even though she has no idea what is going on lol It's time for baking holiday cookies, carving pumpkins, cooking large family meals, presents, lights, snow, lots of family, cinnamon smelling candles and homemade apple pie. WOHOOOOO!!! We kicked it off with Jaliyahs FIRST Pumpkin carving..kinda of...She did a whole lot of this..

I would stick her hand in the pumpkin, she'd look at me, sloooowwwwlllyy pull her hand out and look at it, look back at me, and not move until I wiped her hand off - what a priss! It was funny, so I had to amuse myself and stuck some seeds to her..

And that was that :)
Just so you momma's know - I have some fun and exciting reviews/giveaways coming in the next few weeks - so keep your eyes peeled!

HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON KICK-OFF!

3 comments:

Jessica B. said...

Adorable!

I'm your newest Thursday follower! Would love for you to visit me at Mom of all Trades when you get a chance :)

~Katey~ said...

Awww, too cute! Newest Thursday follower. We are doing pumpkins tonight :) I Love Halloween!

www.jakcsyfamily.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

Hi! I'm following from the Thursday hop!

Kristin :)
Keenly Kristin

Post a Comment

 
Template designed using TrixTG