Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mission Poop & 2 week Update


Miss Liyah is now 2 weeks and 1 day old. It seems like just yesterday we brought her home from the hospital. She is 8lbs 2oz now and is more alert to her surroundings. She loves watching what is going on around her, it's amazing to watch her. She has discovered that crying will get her things, so she makes wonderful use of that but she still sleeps great through the night. She wakes up usually once. Jason and I will go to sleep around midnight and she will wake up around 3am to eat and then goes right back to sleep with no issues, then will wake up around 7am - then we stay up for the day. I try and nap when she naps but there is so much to do around here, but I love every second of it and I just can't wait to watch her grow even more!

Jaliyah had her DR appointment on Saturday and we told discussed her constipation issue - he recommend changing her formula to the soy version of what we were already giving her. So afterwards I went straight to the store and got the soy. The first night went well, I thought it was going to work. But by Sunday she was even more constipated and her bowel movements became hard and pebble-like, which is not good. I decided to do some research and found several sources saying DRs should NEVER recommend soy formula for constipation because soy will make it worse .... WHAT?! My poor little girl was in pain and I was so mad and am furious with her doctor. So I continues researching and decided to put her on a formula for gentle/sensitive stomachs. I bought Good Start Gentle Plus, it is now Wednesday and Jaliyah is doing great - we found a solution :)

I never thought I would be so excited to see poop! When I changed her diaper after switching her to Gentle Plus, and saw wonderful peanut butter consistency newborn poop - it was a party!

Mission Poop: Completed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template designed using TrixTG