Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Formula v. Cereal

The past couple of days have been quite eventful with miss Jaliyah. The past month, month in a half she has been wonderful with sleeping through the night. She would go down around 10pm and not wake up until 5ish in the morning to eat then go right back to sleep for a few more hours. However, the past couple nights she has been waking up every 2 hours to eat. She is acting like this during the day now too, like she just isn't full and constantly wants to eat, eat, eat! I have been tossing back and forth the idea of starting her on rice cereal or upping her formula amount. I think I have decided on cereal.

I have been told by her pediatrician not to start her on rice cereal until after 4 months old. However, he has proven to me time and time again that he found his degree in a cracker jack box. Plus, for years people (including my entire family) have been giving their children cereal as early as a month and a half and no one was hurt. With this said, I will be venturing to buy some cereal this weekend and test it out a bit. See how Jaliyah takes it and if it affects her fullness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template designed using TrixTG