Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Welcome to Mommyhood, Mommy!

As most of you know, I am a full-time college student trying to get my business degree. I take some of the classes online to allow me to work and take care of my daughter. One of the joys annoyances of online classes is timed exams. Normally, this is not bad because quizzes are generally shorter tests. Final exams are a lot more intense and being that the class I had online this semester was a legal class, there was a lot to know and a lot of rules. So the exam was going to take me at least 2 hours and there was 2 and half hour limit; it was due by midnight yesterday.

I knew that I had to wait for Jaliyah to take a nap to take the test because I couldn't risk having to get up in the middle of the exam and not finish it in time. So out day was normal and then came nap time...and then went nap time..nap time never happened. She would last a few minutes in the swing, or playing on the floor, but not 2 hours worth. Then her teeth were bothering her so her crabby alter-ego kicked in.

So time came and went..I had asked my mom to come over and watch her, she said she would - but that never happened. No big deal, I'll just wait for bedtime - right? She's got to go to sleep eventually right?! - wrong.

That is the face that laughed at me until 10 o'clock at night. She thought it was hilarious that I was trying to get her to sleep.

Finally, at 10, she slept and that left me with exactly 2 hours to complete my exam, turn in my paper, and finish posting on my schools discussion board. My last assignment was completed at 11:59pm. I did not completely finish, so I hope I did good enough on the parts that I did turn in.

In the last four months I have had several no-sleep-nights and crabby-patty days but last night topped it all. I haven't felt that stressed in a long time. I suppose it was my initiation to Mommyhood? I passed ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template designed using TrixTG